Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun ...

... as evidenced by the fact that my first blog post was almost a year ago -- ONE YEAR AGO!  Crazy for me to try to comprehend.  Also crazy to think that these 9 months of living and breathing Buenos Aires are nearly done.  Caitlin always says that BA is somewhat of a time warp -- you often feel like you've just arrived because you can remember your first days so vividly, but very early on you feel like you've been here forever.  The city really has a way about it.  I leave tomorrow, and what an experience I've had ... truly indescribable.  


So, some final thoughts from South America from me (Cait I'm sure and hope will continue this fine blog!).


Everyone here's been asking me what I will do for "mis ultimos dias" in BA (now down to 1).  Truthfully, since my wonderful friend Courtney visited me last week from NY, I got to do all my favorite things then, leaving me time to pack and roam around in the sun for my last few days as a wannabe porteña.  She's promised to write a lovely blog post, so I won't fill you in here, but obviously another fabulous visit!  


Court and I at an insane futbol match that she'll fill you in on
I know it's super cliche, but it really feels like yesterday that I had my going-away party in New York, and that was back in May. Just had another one here this past Saturday and felt like a celebrity - people from all over my life here came out for a drink or 5.  It rocked!  Anyone up for a welcome back party when I'm back??  Just kidding ... I think I've had enough parties for myself in the past year to sustain me for a while. :)


You might be wondering why I'm spending my 2nd to last day inside on the computer, but rest assured, I wrote most of this post old-school style, outside in the park earlier today (in the shade of course - way too hot for the sun, especially when one forgets to put on sunscreen).  I don't even want to think about the weather that awaits me in NY.


I'm staring at my bags now as I type this up and they are officially packed (if you can call it that ... stuffed is more like it), to the point that l will definitely be paying a fee for either a heavy bag or an extra bag.  Can't wait to find out which!  


As a final thought, it's going to feel really strange/bizarre/sad to leave my other half Caitlin here and I will probably go into withdrawal in the weeks to come.  On the plus side, I'll see her in May or June either in LA or NY, and as we know, time really flies.  I'm also looking forward to hearing about her last 3 months here.  I know they'll be awesome.     


Cait and I on Saturday


Muchas gracias for listening to me ramble here - still crazy to think this is my last post!!  xoxo

5 comments:

  1. We will be waiting at the airport! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...crazy! I can't believe it's over. Wish I could have been there for your party. i hope you aren't suffering too much without your other half (Caitlin - es obvio no?)It is a weird feeling to leave - and after 9 months especially. All the best for your return to NY Amy! Looking forward to hearing about your new NY life...maybe a sequel blog???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gareto!! So nice hearing from you! Very strange w/o the other turista, but I am still enjoying sunny BA! Looking forward to hearing about you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gareto!!! Miss you mucho and hope we can all be reunited again soon, on whatever continent we choose. :) Haha, I think you should start a blog in London since you are probably having all new adventures there. So fun! Besos!!

    ReplyDelete